Choosing the Correct Cavalettis for Your Dog
We suggest getting a mimimum of 4 cavellettis, but preferably somewhere between 5 and 10 for best results. You can get a mix of sizes, but remember that the goal is not for your dog to jump over them, but to walk over them.
- If your dog has a 12" hock or larger, we suggest getting all larges.
- If your dog has a 11" hock, you can use only 3 sizes within the large. We suggest you get mostly larges, and throw in 1 or 2 mediums if desired.
- If your dog has a 8"-10" hock, we suggest getting all mediums.
- If your dog has a 7" hock, you should not use the 8" height in the medium, but you can use the other 3 heights. We suggest getting mostly mediums, and throw in 1 or 2 smalls if desired.
- If your dog has a 6" hock, we suggest getting all smalls.
- If your dog has a 5" hock, you would want all smalls. You should not use the 6" height on the small.
- If your dog has a 3- 4" hock, you should only use two heights on the small size, so get all smalls.
Back to Top »
More questions? Email us »
©2009 Affordable Agility, Inc. All rights reserved.